Many Florida residents are looking forward to saving money on the big back-to-school sales happening during Florida’s “sales tax holiday.” As you may know, from August 3 through August 5, Florida state sales tax is waived on many school supplies and most clothing and accessories.
You also must know that there is a price-per-item cap involved with the free sales tax offer. Here’s how it works. If you’re buying clothing like coats, dresses, leggings, nightgowns, pants, shorts or sweaters, the most an item can cost is $60. The cap is the same on accessory items like purses, rain boots, shoes, belts and ties too.
If you’re picking up school supplies like folders, glue, compasses and calculators, the maximum price-per-item is $15. So, most graphic calculators for the older kids will not be tax free.
You should also know that this year, computers are not included in items offered with no sales tax. In previous years, computers were allowed, but they’ve been removed from the list this year.
No properties found
Are You Buying a Home on Marco Island?
Considering buying a home on Marco Island? We’d love to help you find one that’s just right for your needs.
First, check out available Marco Island area properties using this helpful search tool. If it’s easier, you can just call us at 239-821-7926 or get in touch with us online to let us know what you’re looking for. We’re happy to contact you however you prefer. Then, we’ll start searching our databases right away using criteria you specify!
In the meantime, you can also easily explore Marco Island real estate by price:
- Marco Island homes for sale from $100k to $200k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $200k to $300k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $300k to $400k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $400k to $500k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $500k to $600k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $600k to $700k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $700k to $800k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $800k to $900k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $900k to $1 million
- Marco Island homes for sale over $1 million