Old Marco was once a fishing village in its early days. Before the explosive growth and development across much of Marco Island, it also featured a clam cannery and a pineapple plantation. It’s rich with over a century of history. Real estate in Old Marco offers you friendly neighbors, beautiful and luxurious homes, and breathtaking views.
Old Marco never quite lost its fishing roots. Even still, fishing boats leave Old Marco Island daily for adventure.The area features a maze of canals and roadways, spectacular condominium complexes and homes right on the water. You’ll even find cozy one-bedroom homes perfect for starting out or retiring.
There’s even the Marco Island Historical Museum, which explores the now permanently lost Calusa and Muspa Native Americans. They belong among Ten Thousand Islands district of the Glades culture. Old Marco is the site of a famous 1895 archaeological expedition. The Key Marco Cat (a half feline, half human being carved into wood) is considered one of the most intriguing Native American artifacts ever discovered in Florida. It was found right here in the very soil that is now Old Marco.
Are You Buying a Home on Marco Island?
Considering buying a home on Marco Island? We’d love to help you find one that’s just right for your needs.
First, check out available Marco Island area properties using this helpful search tool. If it’s easier, you can just call us at 239-821-7926 or get in touch with us online to let us know what you’re looking for. We’re happy to contact you however you prefer. Then, we’ll start searching our databases right away using criteria you specify!
In the meantime, you can also easily explore Marco Island real estate by price:
- Marco Island homes for sale from $100k to $200k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $200k to $300k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $300k to $400k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $400k to $500k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $500k to $600k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $600k to $700k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $700k to $800k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $800k to $900k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $900k to $1 million
- Marco Island homes for sale over $1 million