No one likes the idea of paying hundreds of dollars for a complete home inspection of a home they don’t even own. It seems like a risk, especially for people worried about whether a lender is going to approve the purchase. There’s no way around it though, a complete home inspection is important.
Just because you have a friend who builds houses doesn’t mean he’s qualified to conduct your home inspection. He’s certainly helpful to bring along when you start looking at the house, but inspectors are trained to notice things that other people miss. It’s their job to look for evidence of hidden mold, hidden pests, and hidden plumbing problems.
Plus, a quality inspector can not only find the problems, but let you know their severity too. That way you can make an informed decision before you close on a house.
They will isolate issues with sewer lines or septic fields, landscaping, foundation, insulation, roofing, plumbing, appliances and the electrical system. It’s worth the extra money to get a quality home inspection. Just $400-$500 now might end up saving you several thousands down the road, even if you choose to purchase the house. Knowing about existing problems early can be helpful at avoiding secondary issues.
Are You Buying a Home on Marco Island?
Considering buying a home on Marco Island? We’d love to help you find one that’s just right for your needs.
Call us at 239-821-7926 or get in touch with us online to let us know what you’re looking for. We’ll start searching right away. In the meantime, please explore our:
- Marco Island homes for sale from $100k to $200k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $200k to $300k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $300k to $400k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $400k to $500k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $500k to $600k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $600k to $700k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $700k to $800k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $800k to $900k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $900k to $1 million
- Marco Island homes for sale over $1 million