August 20th, Marco Island City Council extended the building permit fee waiver out again. This is the second extension. The fee waiver is now extended until March 10th, 2019. In order to get the fee waiver, you have to submit the permit exemption affidavit with your permit application. You can find the permit exemption affidavit online here.
Also, please remember that, just as before during the first extension of the fee waiver for post Hurricane Irma repairs, the waiver only applies to single family homes. Plus this waiver of permit fees is only applicable for the following permits: Marco island reroofing permits, Marco Island screen enclosure permits, Marco Island fencing permits, Marco Island solar panel permits, and Marco Island seawall permits.
Also, keep in mind this waiver doesn’t mean that you don’t have to still apply for a permit. You do have to apply for a permit. You just don’t have to pay the permitting fee when you get the waiver to repair damage caused by Hurricane Irma.
No properties found
Are You Buying a Home on Marco Island?
Considering buying a home on Marco Island? We’d love to help you find one that’s just right for your needs.
First, check out available Marco Island area properties using this helpful search tool. If it’s easier, you can just call us at 239-821-7926 or get in touch with us online to let us know what you’re looking for. We’re happy to contact you however you prefer. Then, we’ll start searching our databases right away using criteria you specify!
In the meantime, you can also easily explore Marco Island real estate by price:
- Marco Island homes for sale from $100k to $200k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $200k to $300k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $300k to $400k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $400k to $500k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $500k to $600k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $600k to $700k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $700k to $800k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $800k to $900k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $900k to $1 million
- Marco Island homes for sale over $1 million