Routine maintenance on your air conditioning unit can save you a ton of money. It might seem like a hassle to have a maintenance person come out and spend between $100-$150 a year for the service, but it’s important. If you’re going to be moving into a home on Marco Island for the first time, be sure to get this done at least once a year. It’ll save you money on emergency repairs, replacement costs, and even on energy costs.
All HVAC equipment should be inspected professionally at least once a year. This includes heaters, heat pumps, mini-splits, and standard air conditioning units. Twice a year is even better, but minimally, shoot for once a year.
What Happens During A Yearly Maintenance Visit
Preventative maintenance will cost around $100-$150 a year. Some of these contracts even offer discounts on emergency repairs too. Annual maintenance will reduce the chances that you will ever need an emergency visit though
Yearly maintenance visits will include:
- Cleaning the indoor unit’s coil
- Cleaning the outside air conditioner unit’s coil
- Cleaning air filter
- Sometimes, replacing the air filter
- Cleaning the condensate pump
- Repairing parts as needed
- Replacing parts as needed
Benefits of Annual Maintenance For The Homeowner
The benefits of having an annual maintenance are significant. They include the following:
- Increased dependability
- Greater efficiency
- Cost savings on the energy bill
- Catching problems early
- Less expensive repairs
- Longer unit life
- Reduction in failure probability
[Photo via Flickr | CC 2.0 | Samms Heating and Air, Plano Air Conditioning Repair Company ]
Are You Buying a Home on Marco Island?
Considering buying a home on Marco Island? We’d love to help you find one that’s just right for your needs.
First, check out available Marco Island area properties using this helpful search tool. If it’s easier, you can just call us at 239-821-7926 or get in touch with us online to let us know what you’re looking for. We’re happy to contact you however you prefer. Then, we’ll start searching our databases right away using criteria you specify!
In the meantime, you can also easily explore Marco Island real estate by price:
- Marco Island homes for sale from $100k to $200k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $200k to $300k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $300k to $400k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $400k to $500k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $500k to $600k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $600k to $700k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $700k to $800k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $800k to $900k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $900k to $1 million
- Marco Island homes for sale over $1 million