Imagine coming home from work to find water on your hardwood floors. You know that extended exposure to moisture can cause the hardwood to buckle and warp. You must act quickly and see the job through to the end to prevent damage.
The first step to preventing further damage to the hardwood flooring is to make sure to stop the source of the water. Quickly figure out what caused it and stop the water if it’s still leaking. Is there a problem with the washing machine? Is a pipe leaking? Where did the water come from? Even if you need to just temporarily contain the water using a trash can while you wait for a repair person to come out, make sure no new water is added! Next, you must dry all of the wood. Use towels. If there’s too much water, use a wet-vac to remove excess water and fo it quickly.
Dry everything the best you can. Turn on a fan and point it towards the moist area to dry it out. This won’t solve the issue completely though. You may also need to purchase a dehumidifier to remove the water more quickly. If your hardwood floors got too wet, you can call in professional companies to help prevent further damage.
Here are a few companies that can help with stopping water damage or cleaning up:
No properties found
Are You Buying a Home on Marco Island?
Considering buying a home on Marco Island? We’d love to help you find one that’s just right for your needs.
First, check out available Marco Island area properties using this helpful search tool. If it’s easier, you can just call us at 239-821-7926 or get in touch with us online to let us know what you’re looking for. We’re happy to contact you however you prefer. Then, we’ll start searching our databases right away using criteria you specify!
In the meantime, you can also easily explore Marco Island real estate by price:
- Marco Island homes for sale from $100k to $200k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $200k to $300k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $300k to $400k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $400k to $500k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $500k to $600k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $600k to $700k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $700k to $800k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $800k to $900k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $900k to $1 million
- Marco Island homes for sale over $1 million