Funding from the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act allocates just over $40,000 towards the cost of school resource officers at Marco Island schools this year. Marco Island Police Chief Al Schettino explained to the Marco Island City Council about a resolution that includes a memorandum of understanding with Collier County Public Schools.
The $40,000 comes from a state bill that came about after Parkland. In all, $97.5 million was allocated towards school resource officer funding in the state. The funds were allocated based on granting $35 per student to schools. Marco Island’s three schools includes 1,151 students. That means that Marco Island schools will be granted $40,450.10. That amount would not be enough to fully cover even one school resource officer’s salary. Still, the police chief said that even before funding was allocated, the city had already newly hired three school resource officers allowing one officer in each school all day.
No properties found
Are You Buying a Home on Marco Island?
Considering buying a home on Marco Island? We’d love to help you find one that’s just right for your needs.
First, check out available Marco Island area properties using this helpful search tool. If it’s easier, you can just call us at 239-821-7926 or get in touch with us online to let us know what you’re looking for. We’re happy to contact you however you prefer. Then, we’ll start searching our databases right away using criteria you specify!
In the meantime, you can also easily explore Marco Island real estate by price:
- Marco Island homes for sale from $100k to $200k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $200k to $300k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $300k to $400k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $400k to $500k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $500k to $600k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $600k to $700k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $700k to $800k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $800k to $900k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $900k to $1 million
- Marco Island homes for sale over $1 million