The Marco Island City Council voted in favor of placing an interim manager by September 4. This decision was made at the same time they voted in favor of allowing the council to select semi-finalists at the August 20 council meeting. The council decided to use the Florida City and County Manager Association’s senior advisor program to find find an interim manager.
The senior advisor program is free to the city and offers multiple helpful services. The program will help determine qualifications and compensations. It will assist with advertising for the position. It will help review semi-finalists based on the standards established by the city council. It will help with the interviewing process too.
The goal is to stop the revolving door we’ve seen with the city manager position over the past few years. So far, the finance director has been serving as the acting city manager, but he doesn’t want to do the job of city manager permanently.
No properties found
Are You Buying a Home on Marco Island?
Considering buying a home on Marco Island? We’d love to help you find one that’s just right for your needs.
First, check out available Marco Island area properties using this helpful search tool. If it’s easier, you can just call us at 239-821-7926 or get in touch with us online to let us know what you’re looking for. We’re happy to contact you however you prefer. Then, we’ll start searching our databases right away using criteria you specify!
In the meantime, you can also easily explore Marco Island real estate by price:
- Marco Island homes for sale from $100k to $200k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $200k to $300k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $300k to $400k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $400k to $500k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $500k to $600k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $600k to $700k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $700k to $800k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $800k to $900k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $900k to $1 million
- Marco Island homes for sale over $1 million