Florida Citizens Alliance, a 501(c)(3) non-partisan coalition, with a goal of making sure that voters are informed before they vote posted a video to its YouTube account. The group recorded the City Council Candidate Forum, so that Marco Island voters can better understand who they will have to choose from, even if they were unable to make it to the live forum the coalition hosted.
The forum drew over 250 people to the Marco Island Historical Society. Candidates had the chance to talk about some of the pressing Marco Island issues. Five candidates are running for just three positions. The candidates are: Jim Richards, Erik Brechnitz, incumbent Victor Rios, Jerry Swiacki and Sam Young.
The coalition also interviewed the attendees and found out that the biggest areas of concern they will consider when choosing who fills these seats are water quality, managing growth, controlling population density, hiring a city manager that will do a good job, keeping Veterans Park green, and making sure there are no parking garages built.
To learn more about the candidate’s views, check out the video above or read this article.
No properties found
Are You Buying a Home on Marco Island?
Considering buying a home on Marco Island? We’d love to help you find one that’s just right for your needs.
First, check out available Marco Island area properties using this helpful search tool. If it’s easier, you can just call us at 239-821-7926 or get in touch with us online to let us know what you’re looking for. We’re happy to contact you however you prefer. Then, we’ll start searching our databases right away using criteria you specify!
In the meantime, you can also easily explore Marco Island real estate by price:
- Marco Island homes for sale from $100k to $200k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $200k to $300k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $300k to $400k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $400k to $500k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $500k to $600k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $600k to $700k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $700k to $800k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $800k to $900k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $900k to $1 million
- Marco Island homes for sale over $1 million