Did you know that a federal change eliminated Florida’s old estate tax? Indeed! If a person died on or after January 1, 2005, no estate tax is due to Florida. It’s also really easy to show that you have no liability to pay an estate tax. To get the estate tax lien removed, the estate representative only has to fill out one of two forms.
Florida Form DR-312
If the estate is not required to IRS Form 706 or Form 706-NA, choose this form. The personal representative file this form, known formally as the Affidavit of No Florida Estate Tax Due. It’s Florida Form DR-312. Filing a DR-312 will cause the release of the estate tax lien.
Florida Form DR-313
Now, if the estate is a required to file IRS Form 706 or Form 706-NA, file a different Florida form. Instead of the DR-312, file the Florida Form DR-313. It’s also called an Affidavit of No Florida Estate Tax Due When Federal Return is Required. Filing this form will in turn release the estate tax lien by the State of Florida.
Head to see the clerk of the court in the county where the Florida property is located to file either the DR-312 or the DR-313.
Are You Buying a Home on Marco Island?
Considering buying a home on Marco Island? We’d love to help you find one that’s just right for your needs.
First, check out available Marco Island area properties using this helpful search tool. If it’s easier, you can just call us at 239-821-7926 or get in touch with us online to let us know what you’re looking for. We’re happy to contact you however you prefer. Then, we’ll start searching our databases right away using criteria you specify!
In the meantime, you can also easily explore Marco Island real estate by price:
- Marco Island homes for sale from $100k to $200k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $200k to $300k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $300k to $400k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $400k to $500k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $500k to $600k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $600k to $700k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $700k to $800k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $800k to $900k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $900k to $1 million
- Marco Island homes for sale over $1 million