The City of Marco Island updates an online map showing the locations of boil-water notices. You can find that online tool here. A boil-water advisory, boil-water order or boil-water notice is a public health notice or directive issued by health authorities whenever a community’s drinking water may be contaminated with pathogens.
Sometimes, community water supplies can become contaminated with bacteria, viruses or protozoa. This happens all over the world. The State of Florida mandates that government agencies must strive to prevent exposure that pose a health threat to residents. One of the tools they use to protect residents is by issuing boil-water notices.
Here are the most common situations that can lead to a boil-water notice:
-Microbiological Contamination Detected
-Low Water Pressures
-Water Main Breaks/Interruptions
Once a boil-water notice goes out, the city can’t rescind the notice until the water supply passes a bacteriological test. When that happens, citizens are notified shortly afterwards that they no longer have to boil their water.
No properties found
Are You Buying a Home on Marco Island?
Considering buying a home on Marco Island? We’d love to help you find one that’s just right for your needs.
First, check out available Marco Island area properties using this helpful search tool. If it’s easier, you can just call us at 239-821-7926 or get in touch with us online to let us know what you’re looking for. We’re happy to contact you however you prefer. Then, we’ll start searching our databases right away using criteria you specify!
In the meantime, you can also easily explore Marco Island real estate by price:
- Marco Island homes for sale from $100k to $200k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $200k to $300k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $300k to $400k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $400k to $500k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $500k to $600k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $600k to $700k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $700k to $800k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $800k to $900k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $900k to $1 million
- Marco Island homes for sale over $1 million