If you have four-legged family members, here’s what you need to know before you buy a new home on Marco Island or anywhere else.
Got Pets? What You Need to Know Before You Buy a Home
First things first: Know the local pet laws. That includes the rules of the HOA in the community you’re moving to – because not everyone loves pets as much as you and I do.
Make sure you know that some HOAs and condo developments have breed and size restrictions. They typically have rules on how your pet has to be restrained – and how he or she has to act – in common areas.
Sometimes there’s even a limit on the number of dogs allowed in each home or condo unit. In condos, pets may only be allowed on the first floor, or on end units, or in those with balconies.
There may be restrictions on barking, too, so if you’ve got a very vocal dog, make sure you know what the rules are.
You’ll also want to know:
- Whether there are restrictions on fencing in your new neighborhood
- Whether there are great places to walk your dog in and around the neighborhood
- Are the floors in the house okay for pets?
- Is the house’s floor plan good for your furry friends?
- Are there too many stairs for your pet?
Are You Buying a Home on Marco Island?
If you’re thinking about buying a home on Marco Island, we’d love to help you find one that’s just right for your needs.
Call us at 239.821.7926 or get in touch with us online to let us know what you’re looking for. We’ll start searching right away. In the meantime, please explore our:
- Marco Island homes for sale from $100k to $200k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $200k to $300k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $300k to $400k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $400k to $500k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $500k to $600k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $600k to $700k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $700k to $800k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $800k to $900k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $900k to $1 million
- Marco Island homes for sale over $1 million