Nearly a decade ago, the Florida Legislature passed a landscaping law and younger homeowners love it. Can you guess what it was? It protects eco-friendly landscaping from HOA interference.
What Law Protects Eco-Friendly Landscaping In Florida?
The Florida Friendly Landscaping law, Statute 720.3075(4), was enacted in 2009 to overcome the biggest obstacle to environmentally friendly landscaping conversions: Homeowners Associations. This law actually protects Florida-friendly landscaping and xeriscaping from quite a bit of HOA interference. Florida Friendly Landscaping Statute states:
“Homeowners’ association documents, including declarations of covenants, articles of incorporation, or bylaws entered after October 1, 2001, may not prohibit any property owner from implementing Xeriscape or Florida-friendly landscape on his or her land.”
Now the Florida Friendly Landscaping statute doesn’t completely protect homeowners from all interference. For example, there can still be restrictions that control its installation. What this means is that an owner can still be required to submit an FFL plan if there is an architectural review committee with landscaping approval authority. To learn more about homeowners’ rights within FFL, click here.
No properties found
Are You Buying a Home on Marco Island?
Considering buying a home on Marco Island? We’d love to help you find one that’s just right for your needs.
First, check out available Marco Island area properties using this helpful search tool. If it’s easier, you can just call us at 239-821-7926 or get in touch with us online to let us know what you’re looking for. We’re happy to contact you however you prefer. Then, we’ll start searching our databases right away using criteria you specify!
In the meantime, you can also easily explore Marco Island real estate by price:
- Marco Island homes for sale from $100k to $200k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $200k to $300k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $300k to $400k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $400k to $500k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $500k to $600k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $600k to $700k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $700k to $800k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $800k to $900k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $900k to $1 million
- Marco Island homes for sale over $1 million