One super simple way to get attention from potential buyers is adding a raised bed herb garden to your Marco Island property. You can get a raised bed kit from a home improvement store or even just some rectangular retaining wall blocks to set up your raised bed. Use quality soil and then go to the nursery (or even the grocery store) and pick out some potted herbs. Perennial herbs are the most impressive types to use, so it’s good news that South Florida is hospitable to so many herbs all year long. Place the raised beds near your house so that the new owners can access the herbs easily for meal prep!
Herbs That Grow Well All Year In South Florida
Here are beautiful herbs that will grow well in Florida:
- Basil varieties to plant include Dwarf Greek Basil, Genovese, Greek Column-Lesbos, Lettuce Leaf, Marseillaise Dwarf, Mexican Spice, Purple Ruffle, Spicy Globe, and Sweet Broadleaf
- Cilantro is really cool because as soon as it goes to seed you are harvesting coriander! Doubly awesome!
- Lemon Balm is lovely smelling and perfect for Florida!
- Long Island Mammoth Dill grows well in South Florida.
- Mint varieties that grow well in Florida include Apple Mint, Peppermint, Orange Mint, and Spearmint
- Oregano varieties that grow well on Marco Island include Hopley’s, Kent Beauty and Turkish Oregano.
- Panish Tarragon is the only species that grows really well here.
- Thyme of almost every species grows well on Marco Island and is so lovely, you might want to use it around edging instead of in just your herb garden!
No properties found
Are You Buying a Home on Marco Island?
Considering buying a home on Marco Island? We’d love to help you find one that’s just right for your needs.
First, check out available Marco Island area properties using this helpful search tool. If it’s easier, you can just call us at 239-821-7926 or get in touch with us online to let us know what you’re looking for. We’re happy to contact you however you prefer. Then, we’ll start searching our databases right away using criteria you specify!
In the meantime, you can also easily explore Marco Island real estate by price:
- Marco Island homes for sale from $100k to $200k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $200k to $300k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $300k to $400k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $400k to $500k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $500k to $600k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $600k to $700k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $700k to $800k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $800k to $900k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $900k to $1 million
- Marco Island homes for sale over $1 million