The Marco Island Building Services Division reviews building permit applications during emergencies in a particular order of importance. They also conduct inspections for the permits in a particular order too. The order is as follows: 1.) destroyed structures 2.) damaged structures 3.) roofing permits 4.) screen pool enclosures, 5.) other permits.
During these situations, building permit info can actually be taken right over the phone. Marco Island residents should call 389-5059 in these situations. The city staff will take down the information and the applicant can just come in to sign the paperwork at some other time. This is to help make it easier to get back to normal.
Marco Island also extends other ways to facilitate reconstruction. For example, the city issues fee waivers, like the fee waiver extension in place for building permits related to Hurricane Irma damage. Sometimes, the City Manager will even issue a Notice that allows for waiving individual permits on some hurricane related repairs.
Always remember that if you choose to use a contractor to perform work, make sure that they are properly licensed. We see a lot of scams after emergencies, especially in roofing repairs.
No properties found
Are You Buying a Home on Marco Island?
Considering buying a home on Marco Island? We’d love to help you find one that’s just right for your needs.
First, check out available Marco Island area properties using this helpful search tool. If it’s easier, you can just call us at 239-821-7926 or get in touch with us online to let us know what you’re looking for. We’re happy to contact you however you prefer. Then, we’ll start searching our databases right away using criteria you specify!
In the meantime, you can also easily explore Marco Island real estate by price:
- Marco Island homes for sale from $100k to $200k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $200k to $300k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $300k to $400k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $400k to $500k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $500k to $600k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $600k to $700k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $700k to $800k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $800k to $900k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $900k to $1 million
- Marco Island homes for sale over $1 million