Collier County Animal Control Ordinance governs over licensing of animals on Marco Island. It says that any dog, cat or ferret over four months old must have a valid license with the county. These licenses are renewed annually. In order to get the license, the animal has to be up to date on rabies vaccination and the vaccine has to have been administered by a licensed vet. You’ll need to show proof of this vaccination in order to get a dog license in Collier County for your animal if you live on Marco Island.
Additionally, in order to follow the ordinance, unless the animal is confined, the license has to be affixed to the harness or collar. Keep in mind, pets are not allowed to run at large. If you take your dog for a walk, the animal must be on a leash. You also have to make sure your dog behaves. For example, they can snap at, jump on, or threaten people using a right-of-way. You also have to pick up after your pets for sanitary reasons too.
The county also requires that animals aren’t tethered outside unless a person is outside in visual range of the dog.
The fine for violating this ordinance could be as high as $500. Learn more here.
No properties found
Are You Buying a Home on Marco Island?
Considering buying a home on Marco Island? We’d love to help you find one that’s just right for your needs.
First, check out available Marco Island area properties using this helpful search tool. If it’s easier, you can just call us at 239-821-7926 or get in touch with us online to let us know what you’re looking for. We’re happy to contact you however you prefer. Then, we’ll start searching our databases right away using criteria you specify!
In the meantime, you can also easily explore Marco Island real estate by price:
- Marco Island homes for sale from $100k to $200k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $200k to $300k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $300k to $400k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $400k to $500k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $500k to $600k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $600k to $700k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $700k to $800k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $800k to $900k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $900k to $1 million
- Marco Island homes for sale over $1 million