Collier County residents get electric service from one of two electric companies. The two electric companies serving Collier County are Florida Power & Light Company and LCEC.
Florida Power & Light Company
Florida Power & Light Company, the third-largest electric utility in the country, serves approximately 4.9 million customer accounts and across half of Florida. Their customers’ electric bills are around 25 percent lower than the national average. Plus, FPL’s electric service reliability is better than 99.98 percent! It has one of the most fuel-efficient power plant fleets in the world!
LCEC is a non-profit electric distribution cooperative serving about 210,000 customers in Southwest Florida. It’s competitively priced. It’s one of the largest co-ops in the US and one of the largest employers in Lee County, Florida. Any customer in the service territory can join the cooperative. LCEC serves customers in Cape Coral, Sanibel, Captiva, North Fort Myers,Pine Island, Everglades City, Ave Maria, Immokalee, parts of Lehigh Acres and Marco Island. The cooperative began in 1940.
Are You Buying a Home on Marco Island?
Considering buying a home on Marco Island? We’d love to help you find one that’s just right for your needs.
First, check out available Marco Island area properties using this helpful search tool. If it’s easier, you can just call us at 239-821-7926 or get in touch with us online to let us know what you’re looking for. We’re happy to contact you however you prefer. Then, we’ll start searching our databases right away using criteria you specify!
In the meantime, you can also easily explore Marco Island real estate by price:
- Marco Island homes for sale from $100k to $200k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $200k to $300k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $300k to $400k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $400k to $500k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $500k to $600k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $600k to $700k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $700k to $800k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $800k to $900k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $900k to $1 million
- Marco Island homes for sale over $1 million