A Certificate of Occupancy proves that your particular structure on your property or any improvements on the structure comply with all ordinance, regulations, and codes of The City of Marco Island and the State of Florida. If you intend to purchase a residential home for the purpose of renting it out, you will need a Certificate of Occupancy
If you own a structure in Marco Island, you can apply for a certificate of occupancy through the City. Remember, the structure must comply with all regulations, ordinances and codes of both the City and the State of Florida.
Permitting and Inspections in the City of Marco Island
To check out the City’s Guide to Permitting and Inspections, click here. To obtain a Certificate of Occupancy, for a structure you intend to rent out, you will need to to the following:
- Make sure that all inspections are completed. Plus, they must be completed in the correct order.
- Submit all required documents for review.
- Pay all fees due.
Scheduling Your Inspections
To schedule inspections, you must call into the particular inspector’s voicemail before seven o’clock the day before your inspection. You can also schedule them using the Citizen Access Portal on the City’s website within the same time frame.
On the voicemail message, you will be asked to leave the following information:
- Permit Number
- Inspection Type
- Job Site Address
- Return Phone Number
- Access instructions
City of Marco Island Inspectors’ Phone Numbers
- (239)389-5055 – Plumbing, Mechanical, Residential LP Gas, Irrigation & Solar Heating
- (239)389-5056 – Structural, Roofing, Signs, Fences
- (239)389-5057 – Electric, Marine Electric, and Electric Signs
If you need a fire inspection, you must call before five o’clock in the evening the day before you need the inspection. Call (239)394-5405 for fire inspections including the following:
- Fire Sprinkler Systems
- Fire Alarms
- Fire Penetrations
- Commercial Gas
Don’t forget, you must have your Inspection Cards readily available on site in order for the inspector to sign off.View the current Florida Code online here. View the City of Marco Island’s Administrative Construction Code online here.
Are You Buying a Home on Marco Island?
Considering buying a home on Marco Island? We’d love to help you find one that’s just right for your needs.
First, check out available Marco Island area properties using this helpful search tool. If it’s easier, you can just call us at 239-821-7926 or get in touch with us online to let us know what you’re looking for. We’re happy to contact you however you prefer. Then, we’ll start searching our databases right away using criteria you specify!
In the meantime, you can also easily explore Marco Island real estate by price:
- Marco Island homes for sale from $100k to $200k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $200k to $300k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $300k to $400k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $400k to $500k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $500k to $600k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $600k to $700k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $700k to $800k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $800k to $900k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $900k to $1 million
- Marco Island homes for sale over $1 million