Marco Island City Council voted to extend the building permit fee waiver for families affected by Hurricane Irma. The council made their decision last month. The ability to waive the building permit fee lasts until September 10, 2018. Of course, this doesn’t mean that Marco Island won’t be charging for any building permits. This is specifically for homeowners affected by Hurricane Irma. There are certain conditions that must be met.
The waiver for the building permit fee applies to single-family homes only. The fee is only waived for certain building permits too. For example, the fee waiver applies to permits for re-roofing, fencing, seawalls, solar panels and screen enclosures. Keep in mind, you still have to pull a permit for these things. You just won’t have to pay the fee. You must submit a permit exemption affidavit with your permit application. The affidavit to use can be fond on the City of Marco Island’s website here. If you’re planning on fixing your home up in preparation for a move, this can save you a little money.
Are You Buying a Home on Marco Island?
Considering buying a home on Marco Island? We’d love to help you find one that’s just right for your needs.
First, check out available Marco Island area properties using this helpful search tool. If it’s easier, you can just call us at 239-821-7926 or get in touch with us online to let us know what you’re looking for. We’re happy to contact you however you prefer. Then, we’ll start searching our databases right away using criteria you specify!
In the meantime, you can also easily explore Marco Island real estate by price:
- Marco Island homes for sale from $100k to $200k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $200k to $300k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $300k to $400k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $400k to $500k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $500k to $600k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $600k to $700k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $700k to $800k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $800k to $900k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $900k to $1 million
- Marco Island homes for sale over $1 million