If you’re hiring a contractor, it’s important to check to make sure they have a contractor’s license. First of all, it reduces the chances that you will get scammed by a con artist posing as a contractor. Secondly, it gives you recourse in the even that the contractor doesn’t fulfill his part of the contract. Importantly, it also helps ensure the person can do a safe job.
According to both the State Statue and the Collier County Ordinance anyone who engages in any construction contracting business must have a county contractor license and certificate of competency or be a state-certified contractor.
So, if you’re about to pay someone to remodel your home, build an addition or install a pool, check their license! You can check the status of a contractor’s license or submit a complaint on the Collier County Licensing Portal.
Now, if you’re just hiring a handyman, keep in mind, they aren’t licensed contractors. Still, they are required to have an occupational license issued by the Collier County Business Tax Office.
Are You Buying a Home on Marco Island?
Considering buying a home on Marco Island? We’d love to help you find one that’s just right for your needs.
First, check out available Marco Island area properties using this helpful search tool. If it’s easier, you can just call us at 239-821-7926 or get in touch with us online to let us know what you’re looking for. We’re happy to contact you however you prefer. Then, we’ll start searching our databases right away using criteria you specify!
In the meantime, you can also easily explore Marco Island real estate by price:
- Marco Island homes for sale from $100k to $200k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $200k to $300k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $300k to $400k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $400k to $500k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $500k to $600k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $600k to $700k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $700k to $800k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $800k to $900k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $900k to $1 million
- Marco Island homes for sale over $1 million