Are you interested in comparing property tax levies for various areas of Florida? The State of Florida’s Property Tax Oversight (PTO) program maintains detailed records of all local government tax levies. This includes data reports and access to public tax roll data related to property taxes in Florida. You can also search property tax records by address directly using an online database search offered by the county.
If you are already in a home and feel that your home was not valued properly by the assessor, you can appeal the value. First, bring it up with your local agency of course. Marco Island residents pay their property taxes to the Collier County Tax Collector.
Florida’s Value Adjustment Board
The value adjustment board independent from the tax collection offices in the state. It provides a forum for property owners to appeal their property values. It also allows homeowners to appeal a denial of an exemption or tax deferral too. After contacting the local tax collection office, if you still feel you deserve an appeal, this is your forum.
The value adjustment board (VAB) hears appeals regarding property value assessments, exemptions, classifications, ad valorem tax deferrals and more. You can file a petition with the clerk of the VAB in the county where the property is located.
Are You Buying a Home on Marco Island?
Considering buying a home on Marco Island? We’d love to help you find one that’s just right for your needs.
First, check out available Marco Island area properties using this helpful search tool. If it’s easier, you can just call us at 239-821-7926 or get in touch with us online to let us know what you’re looking for. We’re happy to contact you however you prefer. Then, we’ll start searching our databases right away using criteria you specify!
In the meantime, you can also easily explore Marco Island real estate by price:
- Marco Island homes for sale from $100k to $200k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $200k to $300k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $300k to $400k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $400k to $500k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $500k to $600k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $600k to $700k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $700k to $800k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $800k to $900k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $900k to $1 million
- Marco Island homes for sale over $1 million