Last week, a beach clean-up event at Tigertail Beach brought out volunteers. The volunteers were greeted by a spectacular display of lagoon residents including great blue herons, white ibis, egrets, willets and ibis. Thanks to timing of the clean-up event, the low tide made it easier to wade into the lagoon to collect litter left behind by less thoughtful beach goers. It was also the perfect time to watch these beautiful creatures looking for food in the mudflats.
Volunteers found the beach pretty clean even though the last two quarterly clean-ups were cancelled. The September event was cancelled because of the hurricane, and the December clean-up event saw a rare downpour!
No matter where you live on Marco Island, you’re near Tigertail Beach. Tigertail Beach is a local favorite. It’s well-suited for families and nature lovers. The beach offers showers, restrooms, and a concession. You’ll also enjoy a scenic boardwalk and a lovely butterfly garden.
Tigertail Beach, a Collier County park, and fairly new. Just a decade ago, the gorgeous natural area was no more than an off-shore sandbar. The winds of Hurricane Wilma piled up the sand and connected it to the mainland. Now, it’s Collier County’s treasured secret beach connected to a quiet lagoon. The whole area is a nature-lover’s treasure.
Are You Buying a Home on Marco Island?
Considering buying a home on Marco Island? We’d love to help you find one that’s just right for your needs.
First, check out available Marco Island area properties using this helpful search tool. If it’s easier, you can just call us at 239-821-7926 or get in touch with us online to let us know what you’re looking for. We’re happy to contact you however you prefer. Then, we’ll start searching our databases right away using criteria you specify!
In the meantime, you can also easily explore Marco Island real estate by price:
- Marco Island homes for sale from $100k to $200k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $200k to $300k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $300k to $400k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $400k to $500k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $500k to $600k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $600k to $700k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $700k to $800k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $800k to $900k
- Marco Island homes for sale from $900k to $1 million
- Marco Island homes for sale over $1 million